Getting a Job With Right Track and Program Eligibility
To be eligible for Right Track you must be:
1) Age 14–21
A Saint Paul resident
3) From a low-income family (income guidelines) or have a barrier to employment
Right Track YJ02 features professional internships in office settings for youth who:
1) Are current sophomores, juniors, or seniors in high school
2) Have previous work experience or submit a teacher/counselor recommendation form in lieu of prior experience
*Right Track interns will be required to provide documentation supporting their eligibility to work, including household income, age, residency, etc., upon request.
Getting a Job with Right Track
1. Applications must be submitted online at www.stpaul.gov/jobs in February. Please check back for exact deadlines.
2. Watch your mail.
If you are eligible to work with Right Track during the summer of 2014, you will receive information via both snail mail and email about the Right Track Youth Jobs Expo. Applicants who are eligible for YJ02 Internships will receive additional information about the program.
3. Attend the Right Track Youth Jobs Expo.
Be sure to bring copies of your resume and dress professionally.
4. Search for jobs online using the Right Track YJ01 Job Bank.
5. If eligible for YJ02, attend an in-person interview.
6. Make yourself available and be proactive.
Potential employers may contact you for interviews. Check your email and voicemail often and respond promptly to calls.
7. Complete the new employee payroll packet.
Attend a session to complete your payroll packet. You will need to have a current photo ID and your original social security card or birth certificate.
8. Begin working.
Please note that submitting an application to Right Track does not guarantee employment, as Right Track receives many more applications than there are positions available.
STAY CONNECTED: Facebook, Twitter, or email